General discussionGo to solution

Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

Hello,

I would like to subscribe to premium but there is a restriction on "free preview" videos. I prefer to ask before subscribing.

The message is as follows: Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

fred792
fred792
alex
alex

Hi Fred, thanks for your interest in a membership!

What country are you viewing from? Our video provider is banned in some countries, but you can work around this using a VPN.

Thanks!

fred792
fred792

Hello Alex,

I'm from Belgium, no problem using a vpn. I've tested with UK but it doesn't solve the problem. Which country should I use?

Thank you

alex
alex

Thanks for confirming! Belgium shouldn't be a problem at all.

Do you have any browser extensions enabled like ClearURLs? I know that this extension in particular breaks the Vimeo player (who we host video with).

If you could try in an incognito tab to verify that would be super helpful, thanks :)

fred792
fred792
Solution

Finally, a little feedback,

with a traditional browser (google chrome) it doesn't work. I opened the browser in private mode and it works without using a vpn.

I also tested with Edge, same problem, but in private browser mode it works.

alex
alex

That’s really strange! Are you running any of those extensions I mentioned?

It’s super annoying since I have no control over extensions breaking our player, ha!

fred792
fred792

Here is my uniq extension: http://sc.com.ly/show/0d6c2db8-5e33-4fe0-83d2-9cc2c1f6e667

alex
alex

Thanks. I think it’s the BitDefender Anti-Tracker extension.

While we don’t track data, these types of extensions interfere with the video URLs for the player.

I’ll investigate this and see if there’s a workaround, and hope going into incognito isn’t too much trouble in the meantime :)

fred792
fred792

No problem, thank you very much :)